Saturday, October 20, 2012

Monday, October 15/2012

I am headed into Saskatoon today to spend the morning with Jan.  I have not seen her all summer so am so looking forward to spending this time with her.  It is chilly but it is supposed to be warming up today so that is good.  I am sure we will be spending time on her back deck today.
John has his doctor's appointment this afternoon so I have to be back in time for that but my morning is all mine!!
As I was hauling all the canning I did for Jan and her family out to the truck, I somehow managed to jam my thumb on the door and cracked my fingernail back to my elbow!!  Ya, that's right - back to my elbow and I must say THAT HURTS  **#$%%^$##@!!  Now I am bleeding and swearing (hard to believe, I know) and looking for a damn band aide.
Eventually, I do get my arse into the truck and Hogan and I are off the the city.
I spent all morning with Jan and the boys and had a great time.  The boys have grown like weeds over the summer and I swear, Caelan never shut up once.  He is talking a mile and minute and it is clear and understandable english!!
Hogan and I had to end our visit before noon as I had to stop at the store and pick up a few things. We then headed back to the farm where John was waiting to got o his appointment.
Off he went and Hogan and I stayed at the farm.  It was time for me to straighten up the bus again and while John was gone, I did just that.
When he returned, he climbed back onto the riding mower and cut some more grass.  Did I ever mention that John loves to cut grass and that zero turn mower of Bernie's just makes the job that much better!!
Gloria arrived home from work and the two of us sat on the deck with our beer and juice and watched John work.  Now wasn't that something!!
Bernie eventually made it home and before too long,  John was off the mower and all four of us were sitting on the deck with our refreshments.  Ahhh.....life is good!!
Kimmy arrived at the farm with Coors and she too joined us on the deck.  The dogs had a good time chasing the ball and just running around like silly things.  Akita, the farm dog is about 14 years old so spent the time laying under the deck watching the other two idiots!!
John cooked steak and baked potatoes for supper while Gloria made a caesar salad.  I did up some fresh fried mushrooms and opened a couple cans of beans.  Mmmmm - is this not "the life"??
Everyone ate till they were full then it was time to do the dishes and head back to the bus for the rest of the evening.  Kimmy headed back to the city and Bernie and Gloria headed for bed.  Work comes early for them and Bernie (for sure) needs his beauty rest!!  He has a bus load of smart mouthed kids to deal with everyday and I really must give him a huge high five for managing to do that.  I am sure I would be fired the first day as many kids now have not learned respect and with comments like "calm your tits" directed at him well......there would be blood!!
John and I spent the rest of the evening catching up on some of our favorite shows then we too called it quits for the day and headed to bed.  I have an early dentist appointment tomorrow so am headed to the city again.


No comments:

Post a Comment