Friday, October 5, 2012

Thursday, October 4/2012

I am off to work again this morning and once again it is chilly out.  The temp is around -4 and frost is covering the seat of the quad.  I have been walking with my bunny hug these past two morning and with the bit of wind that is blowing today, I am glad to have it.  On my way to work this morning, I met one of the elderly ladies that walks each morning for her exercise and she is in her winter jacket and has her toque on today so I am not the only one feeling the chill in the air.
It was a good day at the home although I did have to spend 3 hours in a Job Safety Analysis meeting today so that sucked but hey, stuff like this has to be done.  Once the meeting was over, it was back to normal and the day progressed uneventfully.  I have been working with a bunch of great staff these last few days and it is always a pleasure to go to work.  We have lots of laughs and that always helps to make the day go quickly.  Today we even threw in a bit of a birthday party for our Maintenance Man who turned 65 today.  Marcel is also a pleasure to work with.  I truly am blessed to be part of this team.
Finally back at the bus and able to sit and relax.  I am "on call" tonight so must sleep with the phone beside the bed in case the night staff need to get a hold of me.
It isn't long before Hogan and I are in bed for our nightly cuddle (I hope he is finally done with all his farting!!) and watching TV.   I get to sleep in tomorrow so that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment