Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tuesday, October 23/2012

The weather is still shitty this morning and with me having to take the jeep into town, I am not too impressed.  Bernie came home from his bus run and said that the roads "weren't too bad".   Feeling better after hearing this, I got ready and headed into town.
Once on the highway, I found out that Bernie is a damn liar and I will personally kick his ass if and when I make it back to the farm tonight.
The plows did not appear to have been out yet and there was only one and a half lanes open and with me going slower than what I usually do, I am sure that the two semi trucks that passed me were impressed.  I am sure they wanted to just run me over rather than go around me!!
I made it to the city without incident and stopped at the gas station to fill the jeep.  While gassing up, the snow as coming down hard and by the time I got back into the jeep my hair was soaked and I looked like something the cat dragged in!!  WELL - isn't today starting out just fine!!  I am looking to teleport again!!
My first stop was back at the optometrist's office for another adjustment.  Once that was done, I headed over to Blue Cross to pick up our travel insurance then over to the liquor store where I had to pick up a large jug of Gibson's Finest Whiskey.  This being for the fellow that is storing our big white truck for us.  We are supposed to be heading over to see him today, after the bus gets its oil change.  Since I don't know anything about whiskey and of course Gibson's has more than one kind (OH, why can't anything be simple!!) I had a discussion with the liquor guy as to which one was the best.  With my whiskey in hand, I left and headed over to Sask Tel where I spent over an hour getting a new phone.  I wrote down several things I was told but at the end of the session, and with my new Android phone in hand, I left the building fearing that this phone knows more about me than I know about it.  Suddenly, my 10 year old walkie talkie phone is looking pretty damn good.  I am soooo stuck in the 60s when it comes to technology.
I arrive at Jace's shop in time for the 1:30 appointment and wait for John and Mark (the oil change guy) to arrive.   I sooo have to pee (no toilet here) and know that John is usually on time so....should be good.  Well, I guess, no one told me the appointment was for 2:30 and now my teeth are floating.   Oh Dear!!  Desperation had just set in when I heard Mark arrive and John right behind him.  Now I had to lift the bay door up so that the bus could get into the shop and one really should try doing that with a full bladder.   It is times such as these that I wonder what the hell I did to piss off Karma!!  And that is a rather poor choice of words!!
With the bus done, I then get on the phone to see who may have propane available and was able to find someone at the Flying J who was capable of pumping it.  That in itself was a miracle because there is usually no one working that has the training to pump it.
We filled up on diesel while we were there and topped up the jeep with gas then headed for the farm.  Oh Goodie, I get to drive this jeep on the highway again!!
We both arrive safe and sound and I can almost taste a good stiff drink but alas, that was to be denied to my frayed, shattered nerves for another hour.  John had decided to hook back up to the trailer and load the jeep as the temperature is going to be dropping even further and neither him nor I wish to be doing this when it is -15C on Thursday.  God, I hope the weatherman is wrong.
Kim arrived here just as we were finishing and the five of us spent the evening together enjoying our last night with Bernie and Gloria as they are off to Vegas tomorrow.
After supper, Kim headed home with specific instructions to text both Gloria and myself when she got home.  She did and that was one less worry off our minds.  Now, we just have to get Jace home in that darn semi safe and sound and so far, so good with him.  He is scheduled to arrive on Thursday.
Cleaning Old Yeller off

John will be taking Jace's blue truck in tomorrow with Jace's semi tires in the back as it is time for him to put his winter tires on.   I will be going into town with Bernie and Gloria and dropping them off at the airport then meeting John at Jace's shop.  Again, we have lots to do so it is time for me to head to bed to get my beauty rest and Lord only knows.....I need it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment