Friday, October 26, 2012

Thursday, October 25/2012

It is Kim's birthday today so we are sending her all sorts of good wishes.  Happy Birthday Kimmy!!
Today we are starting to head South.  We have been here in Saskatoon for too long and, now that the snow is on the ground and the roads are icy.....it is time to leave.  
We pulled out of the farm yard at noon.  Surprisingly, the roads are dry and hopefully it will remain this way until we stop for the night.  OH, such wishful thinking!!
We ran into the first patch of icy road just outside of Outlook.  I buried myself in my kindle and totally pretended that I was not worried (all the time clenching my ass cheeks and leaving my fingerprints in the "oh Shit" bar)  I am rather good at that and John soon drove us out of the treachery and back onto dry pavement.  
We had good road until we were just about at Swift Current and once again I buried my face in the kindle.  It was either that or I would have had to do the "teleport" thing again!!  As you probably guessed, I am not a good traveler when the roads are icy!!
Once we got to Swift Current, we stopped at A&W for the last teen burger we would have for six months.  Some sacrifices are necessary to get out of the snow and cold!!
When we left Swift, the road was great and there was little to no snow all the way to our favourite overnight parking spot - the gravel pit a few miles from the border crossing.
Hogan was glad to get out and run around a bit as he has not settled completely into his "travel" mode as yet.  It will happen.
Leaving Gloria and Bernie's yard

Heading down Hwy 11 S

Crossing the South SK River by Outlook


Hwy 15 W SK


Cleaning up a rolled Semi's load on Hwy 4 S, SK

A rare site - a snow plow on Saskatchewan highways!!

Our spot for the night
We started the generator and turned on all the heaters and before too long, the bus was warm and toasty.  The temperature is not to get too cold tonight ( -9 C ) so we should be good to go. We have not had any frozen pipes yet and tonight is not a good time to start.
We will be crossing into the US of A tomorrow so our "American" journey begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment