Sunday, October 21, 2012

Friday, October 19/2012

It is chilly in the bus this morning and once again I find myself starting the big heater and hopping back to bed.  It is still dark outside but I can't seem to get back to sleep.
When I did get up, I was greeted by an incredible sunrise.  I took a few pics and hopefully John is able to post them to this blog.
I will head into Saskatoon again today to do a bit more shopping and then stop at Casey's for a while.
In Saskatoon, the first stop was Walmart where I picked up John's Old Dutch potato chips.  I hope 12 boxes is enough for him while we are in Arizona.  You cannot buy Old Dutch in Arizona and that is one of the few things he misses when we are down there.

 From Walmart, , I headed downtown to get my glasses adjusted.  They were so far out of kilter that I was starting to think this nagging headache I have is normal!  After this, I stopped at Safeway and picked up the turkey for Sunday's supper then, headed over to Casey's where I got the linen off his bed and washed and dried it.  I stayed and chatted with Casey for about two hours all the while picking up this and that and generally cleaning up a bit.  It behooves me to see the mess those three live in.  I just do not understand why, when you cart stuff down to the basement you cannot seem to cart it back to the kitchen to get clean!!  Oh well, I guess if they are happy living in a pig sty then who the hell am I to try and change things!!
Roxy and Hogan played like a couple of fools, running around the house and in the back yard.  I think they both will sleep well tonight.  She is feeling much better since she saw the vet and was put on some antibiotics and some pain killer.  She is her old self again!!
Back at the bus, John reminded me that there were 2 football games tonight so we headed over to the house and turned on the TV.  Bernie had his usual day on the bus with all the little loves and was more than ready for a beer and juice.  With the football games going, John and Bernie spent much of the evening on the computer looking at old cars and trucks.  They bonded like a couple of girls looking at the latest fashions!!
Supper was "clean out the fridge night" and anything that did not get eaten was chucked into the garbage.  Believe me, there were only a few mashed potatoes that actually found their way to the garbage can!!
After six hours of football, and the supper dishes done, I headed back to the bus and into my bed.  John arrived shortly after me and it was soon lights out for all.  I could see my breath when I walked to the bus so I knew it was going to be another chilly night.  I think there is the possibility of SNOW in the forecast for Sunday.    WOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment