Saturday, October 6, 2012

Friday, October 5/2012

Well, would't you know it, I finally get to sleep in and my eyes are open at 6:30!!   Geez Louise.  Since I probably won't get back to sleep, I get up, start the big heater and crawl back to bed until the chill is off the air in this bus.  We have been leaving the little electric heater on during the night for the past few nights to keep the chill out of the bus but in the mornings it is nice to have the warmth of the big propane heater going.
Twenty minutes later, I am up and the coffee is perking.  Mmmm, the best smell in the morning!!
It is -4 outside this morning but I think I can see the sunshine glistening off the tall evergreens across the road so am expecting it to warm up a bit today.
I am working my last shift of this season tonight so have a few things that need to be done before then.  I must head over to the store today and get the final stuff needed for our Thanksgiving supper on Sunday and,  it is "Pie Day" today here in town.  This is when the women's auxiliary of the nursing home make a whole bunch of pies for anyone wanting to purchase a whole pie or just a piece.  All money raised goes to the old folks home so it is a good cause.  I ordered two pies - one pumpkin and one raisin and I wonder if they will actually make it to Sunday supper as John loves his raisin pie!!
It indeed did warm up today and both John and I were busy doing some more tasks and getting even closer to being ready to head on out of here.
The shop is now mostly cleaned up and the trailer is pretty much ready to go except for the loading of the quad and the jeep and that will be last on the list.  John even decided to move a cupboard.  I have bashed my head into that freaking thing so many times and have cursed, cried and damned John to hell on numerous occasions so he has decided to move it out of my way.   About damn time, is all that I can say!!
I gathered all the solar lights out of the garden and stored them away in one of the bins as they will be traveling South with us again.  I also found another string of Xmas lights and will take those back to Arizona with me as well.  Our neighbour down there doesn't care for lights (Christmas or otherwise) as they shine in his eyes through in his bedroom window and he can't sleep (poor baby!!) so I am going to hang lots of them and tell him that it is a "Canadian" thing!!
It was finally time for me to get ready for my final shift and being that both John and I worked like dogs today, and neither of us felt like expending any more energy than we had to, supper was gourmet soup (right out of the Campbell soup can) and a sandwich!!  It hit the spot!!
I quickly did up the supper dishes as I really had no desire to look at them sitting on the counter tomorrow morning after working a 12 hour shift and now my counter is clean and tidy.
Gary came over for a visit just as I was about to leave for work so I imagine he may have stayed to watch the football game with John.
I am headed to work......

No comments:

Post a Comment