Monday, October 8, 2012

Sunday, October 7/2012

My eyeballs popped open at 6:30 this morning and since it was still dark out I decided to stay in bed.  The next thing I knew, it was 8:30 and Hogan was at the end of the bed whining to go outside.
It is dreary this morning and last night Gary mentioned that there was a possibility of rain.   Although I told him not to put that out into the universe, I am afraid he may be correct.
I have a few things to do as it is Turkey Day around here  and with the neighbours invited for supper tonight,  I had better get started on my "to do" list.
First things first though and that means ...coffee!!  Then, check out Facebook, then the blog.  Now that that is done, I have to get dressed and get into gear.    Got to go now as I have cranberry sauce to make.
The cranberry sauce is now made along with the coleslaw.  The carrots are cut and ready to cook and the potatoes are peeled.  The turkey is stuffed and now just needs to be cooked.  All that remains is for me to make the gravy and get the kernel corn ready.  It is all coming together and should be delicious...even if I do say so myself!
John and I spent the afternoon playing Words with Friends.  Gary, Dave and Jeff came over and now the guys are sitting in the man cave waiting for supper.  Well they can sit there for another few hours as it won't be ready till 6:00.  By that time, it will be warm in there with the heater going so it should be quite comfortable to sit and enjoy our meal.  Man, will it ever be nice to get a table, chairs, a couch and a TV in there.  But, that is next year stuff.
As predicted, supper was delicious.  Shirley had not got home from work when we ate so there was me, John, Gary, Dave and Jeff sitting in the man cave enjoying the food.  Jeff ate like a starved wolf so I know he was full when he finished!!
Chowin down

Last party in the Man Cave for this year!

Shirley arrived around 8:00 and filled a plate and heated it in the microwave.  She then sat in the bus with me to eat while the guys partied in the man cave.  She eventually headed out to the man cave to party with the boys and I finished off the rest of the dishes.
Hogan and I crawled into bed to watch some TV while the guys carried on in the man cave.  John eventually came in and raided the pumpkin pie (It was really good this year!!) then eventually he too crawled into bed.  All in all, it was another good day surrounded by good friends and good food.  John and I have so much to be thankful for and I thank my lucky stars everyday.  We truly are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment