Saturday, October 13, 2012

Monday, October 8/2012

It is dreary out this morning and I must say that this weather is getting a bit much lately.  I am tired of all the grey clouds....I want to see some blue sky and some sunshine for crying out loud!!
I have lots of "little" things to do today as I work my way through the final few things on my list.  Stuff like putting bounce sheets into the vehicles and putting down mouse poison to discourage any cute little furry mice from bunking in the shop and man cave for the winter.  Although it is a list of "little" things, I am sure I will be busy all day.
At least I will not have to cook supper tonight because there are a few left overs from last night's amazing meal so that is a good thing.  I was actually surprised at the amount of turkey that was eaten.  Tonight's supper will take care of what is left of the turkey and gravy.  I don't have to worry about the stuffing as that all went last night.   Gee, the guys couldn't get enough of it.  I saw several piles of it and gravy on the guys plates last night!!  No one left hungry, that's for sure!!
John and I plunked away at the list and now we are that much closer to being done.  The laundromat was open so I took all the dirty clothes, the rugs, the throws and anything else I could lay my hands on over and washed and dried it.  I then returned to the bus and put it all away and was ready to sit and watch the Riders football game.  Here is hoping they win.
During the advertising and half time, I managed to vacuum and do a bit of dusting.  I also got a lot of stuff put in its proper place so now we are almost "road ready".
While we were watching the game, it started to snow outside.  Geez, and  we were supposed to be out of here before this happened.  Oh well, it wasn't much but I did manage to get a few pics so hopefully they show the snow as it was coming down.  At one point the flakes were big enough to be called "snow flowers".  Ya, that makes me feel better, we were surrounded by snow flowers!!
Supper was as easy as predicted.  John only wanted soup (he was chilly) and I had leftovers.
Saskatchewan won the football game so are now tied for second place in the Western standings.  Woo Hoo!!
Gary came over for one final beverage with us and to say goodbye.  I had to chuckle as I think he was sad that we were leaving.  He said that they (meaning Dave, Shirley and himself) start looking for us in the Spring.  We  wished each other a good winter and he headed home but not before I pawned off all the thanksgiving leftovers on him!!
John and I spent a quiet evening in front of the TV then it was into the bed for Hogan and I with John following a couple of hours later.  I am so glad we have two TVs as each of us can watch our own shows.  It makes life much easier!!

First snow of the year



Hogan relaxing

No comments:

Post a Comment