Sunday, October 21, 2012

Saturday, October 20/2012

I was awake early this morning (6 a.m.) so got out of bed to put the big heater on.  It is chilly in the bus but will be nice and warm by the time I actually do rise and shine for the day.
I am up at 8:30 and as predicted, it is indeed much warmer in the bus.  There is fog outside this morning giving the yard an rather eerie feel about it.  If I didn't know any better, I would think that I was somewhere along the coast and the fog had just rolled in.  And, because I did see the movie "The Fog", I am now looking for any deranged lepers walking around the yard preparing to create mayhem!!
Today is the day that I will make Japanese chicken wings for supper.  I wanted rice to accompany them but it seems that the losers I hang with want french fries.  God, who eats french fries with Japanese chicken wings?   LOSERS - that's who!!
Kim is coming out to stay for the next few days so will be here to partake in tonight's food fare and I invited Casey as well although he said he wasn't sure if he would or not.  I think his back bothers him more than he lets on.
the Saskatchewan Roughriders are playing football today so that game is a must to see.   Hopefully they win and make life easier for themselves and all their fans.  Man, they are the team you love to hate!!  It is a good thing they have an incredible loyal fan base.
Kim arrived out here and mentioned that her sister was coming to take a few pictures using the farm as a backdrop.  Kim is expected to smile nicely for the camera and I am so glad that it is her and not me that has to be photogenic!!
I started the chicken wings and actually finished up the deep frying part of the preparation in the bus.  the game started and Kim's sister (and her family) headed home so John and I packed up and headed into the house to finish watching the game with Kim and Bernie.
I added the sauce to the wings and finished off the cooking while watching the last of the football game.  As it turned out, the Riders lost so now they have made it even tougher on themselves as now there is no home game for them.   If they win, it will have to be while they are on the road which will make it a bit harder.
With the wings done, I started the french fries and before long, everyone was eating and did not stop until they were more than full.  Both the wings and the fries were great although I did cook myself some rice instead of eating the fries but according to all the rave reviews, the food was awesome.  Gosh, I am such a good cook.  I miss cooking for others and this is such a treat for me.  I can hardly wait until tomorrow when I can prepare cabbage rolls and turkey for Sunday/s supper.
There was a second football game on tonight and once that was over, the four of us sat down to a rather heated game of kaiser.  I twas no holds barred and the end result was a defeat for Kim and I.   Despite our defeat, it was an awesome day spent with two of our favourite people.
Lots of laughs, lots of food and many refreshments (although Bernie and I knew when to quit!!).  John and Kim.......well that is another story!!




No comments:

Post a Comment