Saturday, October 20, 2012

Tuesday, October 16/2012

I was up early and was blessed to see an amazing sunrise.  I did managed to take a few pics and I hope some are clear enough to make it to this blog.  The colour of it reminded me of some of the sunrises in Arizona.  It was great.
I arrived at the dentist for my 8:00 a.m. appointment and was out of there and sitting at Jan's kitchen table for coffee by 10:00.  There was no shyness from the boys this morning and both of them were busy telling me all sorts of tales.  Ronin gave me a day by day description of all the stuff he did at the lake and Caelan was more than happy to dress up in his halloween costume so that he could "scare" Auntie!!  Of course I was appropriately scared and I am sure I made his day!!  Both the boys are monsters this year.
Erin (my niece and the boy's Mom) arrived home from work and I managed to catch up on all her news.
The day went by so quickly and before I knew it it was 3:00 o'clock and time for me to be heding back to the farm.
When I arrived there, I found John once again, on the lawn mover.  He is a grass cutting fool.
Gloria arrived home from work and we sat out on the deck enjoying the weather and a beverage.  John eventually joined us and Bernie arrived a short time later.
We had to play the third and final game of the kaiser match we had started a few days ago and as it turned out, Gloria and I lost but I swear, the boys cheated!!
Supper was a "clean out the fridge" affair and we had a variety of items to choose from.  It was awesome!! Tomorrow, we will be having pork chops and mushroom gravy (a Bernie request) as I have some chops that need to be used up.
With the dishes done, John and I headed back to the bus and Bernie and Gloria prepared for tomorrow's work day.  The wind was really howling when we walked back to the bus and it is a good thing that it is not a side wind as I am sure the bus would be rocking and rolling like crazy.
Sunrise on the farm



Another great day was had by all and Hogan and I finished it off by crawling into bed to watch TV.  Why is it that I am always the first one to crawl into bed and have to warm up the sheets?  Perhaps that is why John is usually the last to crawl in.   Ahhhh - method in his madness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment