Friday, October 5, 2012

Tuesday, October 2/2012

The weather is still a bit nasty and it looks like it will continue.  It rained a bit during the night and I am sure more will fall today.
The garden refuse is still here and this rain does not help in the clean up.  Hopefully, we will get a chance for the last of the garden clean up this weekend.  I am scheduled to work for the next three days so that does put a halt to my "things to do" list.
I walked over to the store today to pick up a small turkey for Thanksgiving.  We have invited Dave,  Shirley and Gary over on Sunday for turkey supper.  It should be good and I have no plans to cook the turkey in anything but my electric roaster!!  The next trash can turkey will be in Arizona for Christmas and there will be no issues with the briquettes!!
John started on the clean up of the shop today and will be slowly getting the trailer into shape for the trip to Arizona.  There are all kinds of tools that need to be put back into the tool chests and a good general clean up needed.  He can also make a list of stuff that needs to be replaced so that when we hit Saskatoon, it can all be purchased and stored in the proper cupboards before heading South.
Being that I am scheduled to work for the next 3 days, I got my uniforms all ironed and ready to go so that is one less job that needs to be done.  Gee, I am almost organized and, considering this is the last time this year that I have to iron uniforms...it is about time!!  After these three shifts I can gather all my nursing stuff, put it into a bag and throw it into the storage trailer.  It does not have to go down South with us.
I got a call from staffing today and they asked me to change one of my scheduled night shifts to a day shift so now I will be working 2 days and 1night instead of 1 day and 2 nights.  Now that was a real tough decision!!
I headed into the shop to get the potatoes and onions prepared for the trip South.  I have my one bag ready so cleaned all the dirt off the spuds and got them looking like they came from Safeway.  All the rest of the spuds can be divided up between Shirley and Gary.
John came back into the bus and mentioned that it was "too damn cold" to stay out in the shop and that it is "time to head South"!!  Even Hogan stayed inside most of the day with me curled up in his chair!!  He is so ready to head to the warmer weather as well.
John and I played a brutal game of Yahtzee and of course.....no, wait for it........I LOST!!!   I am still on a roll.  It is a good thing that I am an eternal optimist cause I know I could win....It could happen!!  LOL.
I felt like a "bit of grease" for supper tonight so prepared chicken fingers and french fries.  Gary came over for a quick visit while I was getting supper ready..He had been busy all day getting his alfalfa bales and setting up for his Fall hunting.  Unfortunately, he ended up breaking something on his little trailer so was not too happy about that.  Him and John discussed how best to repair it then he headed home.
Supper was delicious and now I have my "grease fix" for at least another month!!
We spent another quiet evening watching TV then Hogan and I headed to bed as I have work in the morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment