Saturday, October 20, 2012

Thursday, October 18/2012

I headed back into the city today as I still need to get a few things into this bus before we head South.  I decided to start at the far end of the city and work my way home.  With that in mind, Peavy Mart was the first store I hit for John's cut off blades for his grinder.  From there, I stopped at Giant Tiger because one never know what one may find in that store!!  Supervalu was next for groceries and that took a while and then I stopped at Sobey's to see if they had any turkeys.  My final stop was to pick up the Amsoil from the dealer and finally, I was on my way back to the bus.  It was after 4:00 p.m. and it was happy hour!!
Arriving at the bus, I found John and Bernie in the house starting happy hour without me.....Now how rude is that??
We are to be going out for chinese food for supper at a little restaurant in the village of Dundurn just down the highway from the farm.  Kim is joining us and I had text Casey earlier to see if he wanted to join us so now John, Bernie and I are waiting for them to arrive.
With everyone packed into Gloria's truck (she is not here to tell us not to use her truck!) we head to the restaurant.  It is the municipal election day today so Bernie and Kim go to cast their ballots while John, Casey and I head into the restaurant to get a table for the five of us.  Before long, Bernie and Kim are back from their vote and we order supper.  It was delicious and there was plenty of food.  We all came away full and there was still enough to take home for both Kim and Casey.
When we got back to the farm, Casey was feeling the effects of the chair in the restaurant and the seat in Gloria's truck and decided to head home so that he could lie down and rest his poor old broken back.
Kim went home shortly after Casey and I headed out the bus.  It has been a busy day for me with all the shopping I did so I was more than happy to just relax in front of the TV.
John was not too long after me and soon it was time for me to head to bed.  I promised Casey I would stop by his place tomorrow and perhaps wash the linen on his bed as that is probably something that has not been done in a while!!
With that thought in mind, Hogan and I headed back to warm up the sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment