Friday, August 3, 2012

Monday, July 30/2012

I am finally off work and headed home.  It was a busy night and we had another death tonight.  Some deaths are easier than others and this one was a particularly hard one.  Although I know it is "for the best" it is still hard.  This particular resident will truly be missed.
It has rained off and on all night.
When I arrive at the bus,  Hogan is not in his chair and I am surprised to find him lying on the bed with John.  Now I know something is not right as John usually does not allow the dog on the bed when he is in it.  That is my thing as Hogan and I often cuddle on the bed.  John woke up and said that Hogan is really hurting.
Hogan moved rather slowly which is not surprising and he manages to get off the bed and into his chair.  The wound remains open and nasty looking so I clean it again, fill it with polysporin and get him two baby aspirins to ease some of his soreness.  With that, I head to bed for some much needed sleep.
When I awake, Hogan is outside with John and the wound seems to be closing.  He has more swelling at his "arm pit" and further down his front leg but that too is not very surprising.  He is limping but actually, not doing too bad.  More baby aspirin and more crossed fingers!!
I take a walk over to the town office once I wake up and can greet the day as it is time to pay our property taxes.  With that done, I head on down to the store to pick up a few things then am back at the bus ready to do .... nothing!!  After all, it is a "rest" day for me!!
I am scheduled to work again tomorrow and the next day.  This is going to be a busy upcoming month for me as I have full time hours at the home and, that is a good thing.  The girls here are taking all the holidays they can while I am here.  We have an agreement - I work their summer and they work their winter!!  Life is good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment