Sunday, August 26, 2012

Saturday, August 25/2012

It rained all night and I think the wind finally let up early this morning.  Man, the ground is waterlogged and I think there is a lake between the shop and the wood storage trailer.   All this rain will certainly make all the trails ugly for the long weekend.  Yeah!!
Well, at least it is not hot out today and will be a good day to do some canning.  I am not happy with the colour of the relish so I have decided to open all the jars, reheat the relish and add more turmeric so that it is a nicer colour of yellow.  With that done, I re-sterilized all the bottles and re-bottled the relish.
The rain continued and I decided to go out and get some beets.  It is only rain, right?  Well, I damn near got stuck in the garden getting the beets but I managed to get enough to pickle 5 bottles.
While I was waiting for the beets to cook, it was time to start cleaning this mess of a bus.  Since I fired the maid, it has become quite messy!!  Well, maybe it was messy before I fired her but it is to the point now that even I can't stand it!!  Hell, I have company coming next weekend!!
The Saskatchewan Roughriders were playing football today so I had to get most of the work done before I was called on to help them out.  I just know they will need it as their last few games have not been anything to write home about!!
Well, as it turned out, all my yelling and and cheering was not enough to induce a win and we are now in last place in the standing!!  Oh Dear, no good can come of that!!
I made a quick trip to the store for milk and something for supper.  I met Shirley on the way into the bus and she told me that we have had 2 1/2 inches of rain so far!!  OMG!!
Supper was fried chicken, garden potatoes, peas and gravy.  Mmmm, it was so very good and there is enough for me to take to work tomorrow.  Life is good.
With the supper dishes done, I spent the rest of the evening relaxing and getting ready for yet another "day at the office"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment