Friday, August 31, 2012

Monday, August 27/2012

I am up early this morning and the sun is shining like crazy.  The grass is still wet from all that ugly rain of a few days ago and the garden is still a big mud hole.
I have to make more relish today as I was talking to my sister Jan today and she now has put in her order for pickled beets and relish.  Oh Dear!!
Since I had enough ingredients to do another double batch of relish, I got out the food processor and started chopping the cucumbers, cabbage, celery and onions.  I sat out at the picnic table to do this and found that I could sit and work.  My back is still aching a bit, so was a good spot to do all this work.
Shirley from next door came over and raided the cucumber patch for small cucs as she is still doing pickles.  I have no intentions of doing any dill pickles so she is welcome to all she can find.  She did however, find more that were suitable for relish.....Damn Her anyway!!
With the chopping done, the relish now has to sit overnight which actually works out well since I can do it up when I wake up tomorrow.  Then this batch will be out of my hair.
I then decided to grab a few beets out of the garden and boil them up for more pickles.  I have some juice left over from the last batch I did and that needs to be used up.  With those boiled up, and skinned, I sliced them up and left them in the juice overnight in the fridge.  They too can be processed tomorrow when I awake
It was soon time for me to think about getting ready for work and supper had yet to be prepared.  I went all out and made soup and sandwiches!!  It is a good thing that John is not picky about what he eats for supper, otherwise, he would have gone hungry.
I am off to work now and I hope it is a quiet night.

No comments:

Post a Comment