Friday, August 24, 2012

Tuesday, August 21/2012

OK, today is the day I make the relish.  If only I could find the food grinder it would make the whole process much easier.
I headed over to Dave and Shirley's hoping that she had one and she did although it did not have the little blade so that was no use to me.  Dave did find a chopper that I borrowed and that worked well for the cabbage that needed to be chopped.  We phoned Shirley and asked her to check out the hardware store in Spiritwood for a food chopper and that too was an exercise in futility as there were no grinders in Spiritwood to be bought.  Well, I guess the relish Gods are against me today.
Eventually, I did get all the stuff chopped, sliced, diced and shredded and in the container that would sit overnight.  Tomorrow is when the bottling will take place.  It does look good!!
Making relish
Dave and John went over to Gale's to finally pick up the boat we are going to buy from her.  Dave took it over to his place where he will tinker around with it and get the motor running and change what ever oils need to be changed.  John rode the lawnmower down there and cut the grass while Dave hooked up to the boat.
Once I cleaned up the kitchen from my relish making, I walked over to Dave's to get the "skinny" on the boat.  The verdict was a good one as the motor started good and the general condition of the boat is pretty damn good considering it is several years old!!
I must text Jace now and tell him we need life jackets as it will be ready to go for the long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment