Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tuesday, August 7/2012

This is it, the fourth and final shift.  I am off now for a week and I am more than ready for some rest.
Larry and Ariane are supposed to be coming for a visit this week although I am not sure exactly when.  Hopefully I will be able to get some of my jobs done before they arrive so that I will be able to just sit and visit.
John started the construction of the "bar" for the man cave today.
Hogan is on the road to recovery with the wound healing nicely.  The drain is still intact and that  surprises me as obviously he has not been licking at it too terribly often.  It is a bit of a challenge to get the antibiotics into him as he is pretty crafty at spitting them back out.  Little does he know, I can be as crafty as him when it comes to giving medications!!
Once again, the bed is calling my name and I am in it before one can blink.  Oh, it feels so good to be lying down.
Running around like a chicken for 12 hours is so not my bag anymore.  Just for the fun of it, I actually counted the number of pills/medications the RNs give in a single 12 hour shift.  It was just under 400 and for 17 residents, one has to wonder why so many??  Of course these medications are spread throughout the entire 12 hour shift.  No wonder  my feet are burning and my legs are aching!!  This number doesn't even include the extra tylenol, advil, cough medicine, or antacid that is handed out throughout the day.
Not surprising, I fell asleep with the TV on......Jeez, I hate when I miss the end of my shows!!


No comments:

Post a Comment