Friday, August 24, 2012

Sunday, August 19/2012

I am finally home after working my night shift and am so ready for bed.  It won't take but a minute for me to fall asleep once my head hits the pillow.  I have to sleep fast as we are going quadding today and i will be up about noon to get ready.
Oh my lord, is it noon already!!!  I must take a minute to clear the cobwebs and have a cup of coffee.
Before long, we are loaded up, gassed up and heading down the road.  It feels good to be driving my own quad again although I am a bit nervous about it.  Hopefully all will go well today.
We cut into the forest at mile three and it wasn't too long before I was stuck up to my axles in the muck and mire and needed to be winched out.  John came back to save me and reminded me NOT to drive in his tracks through this crap!!  Ya Ya, I know......rookie mistake!!  Woo Hoo Shirley, I am the first one to get stuck!!  Hopefully, that will be the last time.
What a beautiful day for a ride.  The sun was shining and it was awesome.  We caught a glimpse of two bear on the trail although they were quick to get out of the way.
We finally got to the Block and headed down the trail stopping at Deer Lake for a refreshment.  We plan on taking the sweet little trail to Otter Lake.  There is nothing too challenging on that trail so everything should be good.
We stopped at Heart Lake and Dave and I went to explore the house boat that is moored at the lake's edge.  John and Shirley stayed on the hill.  We had just passed a couple of other quads on the Heart Lake trail and one of them was going too fast and in his attempt not to hit Dave, ended up smacking into a tree!!  No injuries but he was worried that he had lost his beer cooler!!
We accessed the Otter Lake trail and travelled it finally ending up at the lake.  Here we sat and enjoyed the scenery.  Some of the leaves are starting to turn colour so that is a sure sign of Fall.  In another month or so the Fall colours will be in full swing.
When we started to head back, we all changed quads so that everyone could ride a different quad just to see how the other ones rode.  I took Casey's and I felt like I was driving a semi down the trails.  It felt way too big.
We stopped at Deer Lake again and changed quads again.  This time I rode Dave's and that was an awesome machine to ride.  I felt like I was riding it, not the other way around like when I was on Casey's!!
Eventually we made it back to the grid and the final three miles home.  It was an awesome day, I totally enjoyed myself but knew that I would pay the price tomorrow as my arms and shoulders were already sore.
John started a fire and the bbq and the four of us enjoyed steaks and baked potatoes.  Mmmmm
Now I have to go to bed as I am once again scheduled to work in the morning.  Boo Hiss!!
Beverage



Deer Lake











Otter lake, Nice view

Dave

Shirely

Time to head home

No comments:

Post a Comment