Friday, August 3, 2012

Wednesday, August 1/2012

Wow, it is already the first of August.  Where has the time gone.  I can't believe how fast this summer is going.  It will be only a matter of about 10 weeks or so and the three of us will once again be headed south for the winter.
I am headed to work today and then have a couple of days off before doing a four day stretch over the long weekend.  It is rodeo weekend here in Leoville so there will be lots of extra traffic and "action" in town.  Hopefully, there are no "incidents" at the rodeo or on the quad rally that require medical attention and if there are, hopefully folks remember that the nursing home is no longer a hospital and take what ever wounded there might be straight to Shellbrook Hospital.  I will be keeping my fingers crossed all weekend long!!
I am finally done my shift and headed back to the bus. When I arrive, John has a beverage waiting for me and has the makings of a campfire ready.  Since I was having one of my "tropical" moments when I arrived at the bus, a campfire is definitely NOT what I need.  A nice cool beverage hit the spot though!!
John had been busy cutting grass.  He once again, has the block looking rather nice.  Shirley's, Gary's and ours is done.  I had known that the grass was being cut as Shirley (our next door neighbour) was visiting her Dad and Sister (both residents of the home) today and mentioned it.
John had visited with Arlene today.  She is here for a week or so then has appointments again back in Winnipeg so has to return for those.  She is hoping to come back once those are over and done with.  It will be good to see her again.
Hogan has reopened his wound and that is not a good thing.  I think I had better take him to the vet tomorrow and get it looked at.  He needs some stitches.  I cleaned it up again and packed it with polysporin.  He is a sad panda tonight.  I think he may be getting an abscess so it is definitely a trip to the vet for him.
John eventually started the campfire and since he hadn't eaten, cooked some supper.  He threw on a couple of steaks and did up some baked potatoes.  It was awesome.
I headed to bed knowing that I had to be up early to phone the vet.  We were planning on heading into Spiritwood tomorrow anyway to get some trim so that the walls of the man cave could be finished off.
Busy, busy, busy....always something to do!!   Good night.

It's been a good summer so far!!
Enjoying the fire


Full moon

No comments:

Post a Comment