Thursday, August 23, 2012

Saturday, August 18/2012

Once again I am up early and enjoying the glorious sunshine.  It is going to be a hot one today so I have the curtains closed so that the bus doesn't get too hot.
I went over to Dave and Shirley's this morning to get the stuff out of their freezer and while I was there, chatted with Dave for a bit.
He mentioned that he was going into Spiritwood and I asked if I could join him as I needed to pick up that varnish for the bar and do a bit of grocery shopping.
About half an hour later, we were headed down the road.  When we got there, he parked in front of the pawn shop where Shirley works and I headed across the street for some groceries then to the hardware store for some nuts and bolts.  Once back at the pawn shop, Dave and I went "upstairs" to do a bit of shopping in the junk that is stored up there.  All the stuff was free so the price was definitely right.
Dave came out with some nice boards and I found a neat little table with an awesome pedestal for the man cave and an old chrome rocking chair along with one of those old wire ashtray/magazine racks which will look awesome in the man cave.  I plan on using it to hold all the old long play record albums.  It can sit right beside the old stereo.  There is definitely a "vintage" theme happening in there.
I also found John a "crystal" ice bucket for the bar (that will add some class) and a rather large "shot" glass.  We can fill the shot glass with tabs from the beer cans.
Our final stop was at the lumber yard where I got the varnish.  We headed home then and since it was so hot,  Dave had the foresight to pack two cold beer so we enjoyed those on the drive home.
Once we got home, we had to show John all the treasures we had found.  He was impressed even though he tried not to show it!!
I got busy with the varnish and managed to get a few coats on the bar before I headed into the bus to make a quick supper, grab a shower and head to work.  Nights tonight and already I am tired!!
We are planning on quadding tomorrow so I will have to hurry home in the morning and grab a few hours sleep before heading out to the trails.  I plan on driving our quad on the trails tomorrow and John will take Casey's.
I finally head off to work leaving John and Dave in the man cave although Dave was on his way home to start supper as Shirley would be getting off work and home soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment