Friday, August 3, 2012

Thursday, August 2/2012

Well, I have been speaking with the vet and now have an appointment for Hogan.  He is still a sore little pup this morning but i know things will be better for him once he has seen Bonnie (the vet).
The beans are ready in the garden and need to be picked so after I have a much needed cup of coffee, I head out and start reaping what I have sown!!
There is rain in the skies and it is scheduled for the next two days!!  Well now, isn't that a big surprise!!
Just as I was finishing, the skies opened and the rain came.
I got a call from staffing that one of the girls is sick at work and wants to go home - can I go in?  I said I  had an appointment in Spiritwood at 1:00 o'clock and could not come until after that.  Unfortunately that poor nurse will have to hang in there for a while longer.
I cleaned all the beans and now have several bags of them.  I will divide them up between Shirley, Arlene and myself.  They look awesome.
John loaded up several bags of cans that needed to be recycled at Sarcan and then we were off to Hogan's appointment.
The vet looked at Hogan's wound and decided that he needed a bit of surgery.  She would put him "under" open the wound, clean it out real well, put a drain in it and then suture him up.  Oh, it is a good thing I am headed to work when I get home as that will cover the cost of the vet bill!!  (actually, turned out to be only $130.00 - bonus!!)
John and I went and picked up the wood while Hogan underwent his procedure.
We returned to the clinic when we were done and Hogan was not quite awake yet.  His eyes were open but they were staring into space!!
John and I loaded him onto my knee for the ride home and I must say that it is not easy carrying a stiff, not quite awake, 60 pound dog.
He remained "out of it" for the ride home and for the struggle of getting him into the bus and settled onto a soft bed on the floor.  We kept him covered and warm and he slept on, oblivious to our struggles......
I headed to work and sent the nurse who was sick home.  It is certainly different going into the home in the middle of a shift but things went well and I was soon back at the bus.  Another good deed under my belt!!
Hogan was awake and standing at the door when I arrived.  John said he only woke up an hour or so ago and had awoke with quite a start.  Apparently, his eyes popped open and he immediately jumped to his feet.  He was a bit wobbly and probably wondered "what the hell....".  He wanted to go outside so John let him out where he went for a big pee and a poop.  This whole ordeal has definitely scared the shit out of him!!
He eventually laid back down on his soft bed on the floor and I covered him back up with a blanket and he slept.  It takes several hours for the effects of the drugs to get out of his system and I suspect he will sleep for the rest of the night.
Hogans wound

Out cold
It has rained off and on all day and was sprinkling when I walked home.  It is now raining harder and I suspect this will continue for the night.  The rain on the roof of the bus is somehow soothing tonight and as I lie in bed watching TV, I am content.  Hogan has been tended too (should have done that on Monday, but oh well, what is done, is done) and once again peace and harmony have entered our lives.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment