Saturday, August 11, 2012

Wednesday, August 8/2012

It is my first day off and I am up early - 7:00 a.m.   What is with that?  Surely I could have at least slept in a little, couldn't I??
Larry and Ariane are headed this way today and I have a few things I want to get done before they arrive.
I quickly make some coffee, check out Facebook while I wait for it to perk, then sit and enjoy the first cup of the day.  The sun is shining and it looks like it is going to be another nice, sunny day.
I quickly do up the dishes as they have not been done for a few days and are now really getting on my nerves!!  When I am done with them, I realize I have used what little water there was in the tank and now have nothing to shower with.  WTF.  I wonder who used the water last and didn't bother to refill the tank JOHN.  (YES, I AM YELLING).  CHEESE AND RICE and I don't mean cheese and rice!!
Maybe I should just go into the bedroom and punch him right in his sleeping face!!
OK, so the second thing on my agenda today is to fill the bus with water.  Once that is done, I am in the garden picking the peas.  They are more than ready and as I am doing that, I notice that the beans are ready for their second picking!!  Oh boy, that was not on my list of things to do.....maybe later!!
With the peas picked (I will shell them later), I head into the man cave to tackle the priming.  I have changed into my painting clothes (the ones I wore in Arizona) as I am a rather messy painter.  Actually, I am a totally messy painter but the job does get done.  I just get a little paint on me, as well.
I turned up the tunes on the radio and got busy.  That OSB board is nasty to paint but the primer is a must.  It would soak up way too much paint if it wasn't primed.
John went and dumped the sewer on the bus while I was painting then got on the riding mower and cut the grass.  Once the painting was done, it was time to tidy up the inside of the bus and then, finally, I was able to have a shower.  Man, I don't know what is worse - working 12 hours at the home or working here at the bus.  They say there is no rest for the wicked, but I would just like to know what have I done that makes me so wicked that I am not allowed any rest!!  Jeez Louise - enough already!!
Dave came over for a visit and Gary and Arlene showed up for a while as well.  Gary did not work today as he is scheduled for his colonoscopy tomorrow and is busy taking all his laxatives.  He thought it better to stay home, close to the toilet!!
Shirley arrived home from work with a screen tent in her trunk.  They had gotten it in at the pawn shop so she grabbed it for me thinking John and I might want it.  Well the next hour and a half was spent trying to put the damn thing up and we came to the conclusion that some of the poles were missing.  Either that or the four of us are too dumb to figure it out.  Anyway, it is going back to the pawn shop!!
Dave and Shirley left and John and I moved into the freshly primed man cave where we had a few more beverages while waiting for our supper to cook.  John bbq a couple of the steaks we bought from Gary daughter.  She manages a bar/restaurant in Saskatoon and gets them by the case.  They were delicious and I sure would not hesitate to buy another case from her again in the future.
As always, bed followed supper and I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.
Ariane had called earlier and Larry was having issues with the car dolly and its wiring so they were going to wait and come up tomorrow.  I have only a few jobs on my tomorrow list so that is good.




No comments:

Post a Comment