Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Monday, May 30/2011

Hogan and I are up early again this morning despite the late night last night and the sun is making a valiant effort to shine through the clouds.  Oh how I wish the clouds would just go away!!
The kids are still in bed so I have some quiet time this morning.  Once they are up, I know Casey will be hungry and will want breakfast.  I will have to walk to the store and pickup eggs and bacon and some side pork for him.  He loves side pork so I will fry him up some as a special treat this morning.
With the kids up and breakfast out of the way, Casey and John start changing the bad springs and shocks on the Sami.  It is a dirty job as the mud is still on the truck from John's and my trail ride Friday.  Someone told me that the car wash here in town was not working so we didn't bother taking it over.  I found out later that it indeed is working and the guys could have been working on a much cleaner truck!!  Oh Well,  no big deal!!
With the job finally done, Casey and Tori  had to eat supper then head back to Saskatoon as Tori's sister was coming for a visit.  It was good to see the kids, even if it was only for a day.  Maybe their next visit will be longer!!
Dave and Shirley came over for a visit while the kids were here and stayed for a while after they left.  We started a campfire to discourage the lousy mosquitoes (which had taken to Roxy with a vengeance - she was covered with bites!!)  Gary returned from a day of fishing and he came and joined us at the fire for a while too.  What a great way to finish off the day - campfire and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment