Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Friday, May 27/2011

 
Heading out on the trail

Beverage?



What, snow!

Getting a little mud on the tires



Stylin!

Oh Ya!

Winch Wench


Snowmobile warm up shelter

Deer Lake



Hogans turn to have fun


Good Boy!

Again with the winch!


Back home

Another fun day on the trail
The sun is shining and it looks like it is going to be a nice day.  Gary is busy in his yard mowing his lawn and rototilling.  Hell, it isn't even 8 a.m.!!  It is a good thing that I am an early riser and don't mind the noise.
I waited to hear if either of the boys were coming up to visit and, since I got no word and staffing called asking if I could work tomorrow I agreed to do so.  That being decided,  John and I took to the trails today.
It was so good to get back out into the forest and enjoy all that this area has to offer.  The first trail we attempted was blocked by huge water and in all likelihood, had a muddy bottom.  It was far too early for me to get wet and muddy so we turned around and found another trail that was suitably dry.  We eventually got into "the block" and that is where the fun began.  We travelled Lilac Trail and OH MY LORD was there a few good mud holes.  I just happen to be the best winch wench in this area.  The Sami worked beautifully and once we had mud on the tires, John found out where the front tire was leaking from.  As he suspected, it is around the bead so that is an easy fix.
Hogan loved being back out on the trails too.  He went for a mile long run through the mud and water then was rewarded with a game of fetch the stick out of Deer Lake and get cleaned up while you are at it!!  Too bad the Sami doesn't know how to fetch!!
We got home in time to watch the last period of the hockey game and now it is Boston against Vancouver in the Stanley Cup Finals.
We had a great day today and as the saying goes.... all good things must come to an end - so, I had better get to bed as I work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment