Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Monday, May 16/2011

Roxy's first swim

A little panic setting in!

Grab hold I'll get you back to shore!

Safe and sound on dry ground

I'll get it

Casey and Roxy
As I sit here today looking out at the trees planted around this little lake, I noticed that the leaves are finally budding out.  There is green on the branches today where there was nothing a week ago.  Spring is most definitely here!!
Someone needs to tell the weatherman to "stop it" with the wind!!  It is blowing worse than yesterday.... there is sunshine though!!  There are white caps on the water and the blowing dust is nasty.  It does not look like a good day to travel - DAMN.
Casey and Tori came over to pick up the little truck.  I have no desire to shop anymore and so he can have it back. I have done all the running I am going to be doing.  It is time to move up North to Leoville.
Tori and I walked down to the water's edge but the wind was blowing so bad, we took shelter behind the ski ramp and sat there and watched the dogs run around like fools.  Casey eventually wandered out and started throwing a stick in the water for Hogan to retrieve and in no time at all, Roxy was in the water and learning how to swim.  She was quite awkward at first but actually did very well for the first time in water. I remember when Hogan first started swimming with Coors and he showed the same awkwardness.
When we finally wandered back to the bus, Casey noted that the satellite dish was stowing and that is a sure sign we were leaving.  YEAH!!!  Finally!!It is a good thing that I can have this bus road ready in a few short minutes because we were headed down the road within 20 minutes.  Wind or no wind, we were finally going home to Leoville.
The trip to Leoville was uneventful and both John and I were surprised at just how green it was.  The trees seem to be a few weeks ahead of the trees in Saskatoon.  There is a ton of water everywhere and we saw several "road closed" signs along the way.  The road from Shell Lake to Spiritwood is starting to have issues but the road from Spiritwood to Leoville has even bigger ones!!  Holy Smokes, the winter is not very kind to the roads and they are in need of re-surfacing.
Once back in Leoville, I get out to direct John in the backing up of the trailer and get attacked by a swarm of mosquitos!!  Welcome to Saskatchewan!!  It is a good thing that I bought a few more cans of mosquito repelent!!
With the jeep unloaded and the bus parked, we finally sat down and had a victory beer.  Our journey from Wickenburg, Arizona to Leoville, Saskatchewan was finally over.  We are home.
Our next door neighbor Gary came over to welcome us home and Beef and Charley came over as well.  We caught up on some of the news then it was time for supper and then bed.  I will sleep peacefully tonight - I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment