Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tuesday, May 10/2011

OMG!!  Is that really the sun?  The sky is blue and the sun is shining!!  Wow, I think I will dance!!  Even Hogan is anxious to get outside!!
Jace called from the farm.  They are busy seeding and says that it is a good thing they have tractors with tracks as the ground is still pretty wet and there would be no way a tractor with tires would be able to make it around the field.  They have managed to get stuck a few times even with the tracks!!  He sounded happy so that is good.
I am supposed to make potato salad for tonight's bbq so I really should get into gear but first I think I will just sit and have a coffee and enjoy the sunshine.
Tori and Casey came to pick me up for grocery shopping.  They had to pick stuff up for the party and I of course can always shop for groceries.  With the groceries bought, we headed over to their new house.  I needed a tour.  It is half a duplex and there are laminated floors through out.  Three bedrooms and an open basement.  Roxy had the run of a large fenced yard, so that will keep her busy for the summer.  With the tour over, I headed back to the bus to finish the potato salad.  Larry had come for a visit and it was too bad we had to be gone so quickly because it would have been nice to sit and chat with him as we have not seen him since Arizona.
With the little truck loaded to the roof, we headed over to the bbq.  Being rush hour, John took a most convoluted route to get there (all the time cursing about the traffic) but eventually we made it - late - as usual.
The evening was great.  We were able to catch up on the lives of lots of our "kids".  I missed them all when we were gone.  John ended up cooking the burgers and smokies and because everyone had brought something, there was plenty of food.  Now the kids have lots of leftovers and I won't have to worry about them for a week of so!!
We managed to catch the last of the hockey game then headed back to the bus when it was over.  It was time to let the kids party without us two old goats!!  It was fun though but the bed was calling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment