Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tuesday, May 17/2011

It is rather a gloomy day in Leoville today, the sun is hiding behind an overcast sky.  There is very little wind today and if the sun can actually find its way out from behind the clouds, it will be hot.  It is early yet so there is time.
It is peaceful here, the town is just waking up.  The birds are singing and all seems well with this little corner of the world.  I must get the bird feeders up today and let the staffing office know I am back so that I can grab a few shifts at the Old Folks Home here in town.  The nurses at the home must be ready for a break by now and I can certainly help them out with that.
The sun did come out today and Hogan and I took advantage of it.  We went for a long walk and ended up outside of the town.  It was great but I had forgot to put insect repellent on and the mosquitoes were pretty nasty.  I will not forget the bug spray again!!
I stopped at the post office to let them know that we were back in town and pick up whatever mail had come for us.  Thankfully, I had let them know that John and I would not be around for the winter so there was really very little for us.
Once back at the bus, I got the garbage can out and checked our storage trailer for any winter leaks and was pleased to find none.  Everything we left here was just as we had left it so that is a good thing.
I made an awesome stew for supper, walked to the store for a few things then John and I settled down to watch the hockey game (we are cheering for different teams!!) and some of the season finales that are on TV tonight.
All in all, a good day here in Northern Saskatchewan.

No comments:

Post a Comment