Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday, May 20/2011

It is going to be another glorious day today.  The sun is shining and the birds are singing which, reminds me that I have yet to get the bird feeders out and set up for my fine feathered friends.. Boy, am I lazy!!
This is the start of the long weekend and I have really no idea if we are getting any company or not.  I assume Jace is still farming and who knows what Caseman is up to.  I really should text him just to give myself a "heads up".
Bayne came over and started on the rototilling again and while he was doing that, John and I moved the two little trucks.  Had we not done this, the garden would have been planted and the trucks would have been trapped - not that John would have had any issues about driving over the newly planted garden!!  I fear it would have been me with the issues!!
I started pulling the quack grass from along the back fence and was almost done before I was to head into Spiritwood with Bayne to pick up more dandelion killer.  Just then, I got a call from staffing to ask if I could take over a shift at the nursing home.  Someone was ill and unable to complete the shift.  So...there went my trip to Spiritwood and the dandelions got another reprieve.  As much as I need to work to maintain my registration, I really was disappointed about the cancelled trip.  Oh well - Hi Ho Hi Ho, It's off to work I go!!!
It was good to get back into work mode and although I was a bit late getting off, I felt quite comfortable there.  I thought I would have been a bit rusty but a lot of the info came back to me once I was in that environment. It was a good shift.
While I was at work, John decided to get the new starter into the Samurai.  That being done, maybe we could actually go for a little spin out on the trails this weekend.  Who knows.
Back at the bus, I was tired and quite stiff from all the physical labor that I had been up to over the last couple of days and I was not used to being "on duty" (ie, on my feet) for 7 1/2 hours at a time.  The old saying, the old grey mare, she aint what she used to be kept rolling through my head!!  I took some tylenol and went to bed - someone had to plant that garden tomorrow!!  I went to sleep with the sounds of someone in town partying, complete with music and karaoke - oh, if I only had the energy to party.... The old grey mare......zzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment