Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Monday, May 2/2011

Hwy 4 N

Our spot for the night

Finally some nice weather!
I awoke to sunshine this morning - Saskatchewan Sunshine!!  I have this wonderful sense of peace this morning knowing that I am home - not only in my own country, but in my own province.
Today is Federal Election Day and now that the campaign for Prime Minister is over, it is the peoples turn to decided who actually gets the job.   John and I will not be back in time to vote so I guess we won't be able to belly ache about the results.
I chatted with Jace this morning - he is headed to the farm today so we will probably not see him for a few weeks if the weather is good and they can get on the land.  Springtime and seeding - what a busy time of year for the farmers.
We headed out on what will be the second last "leg" of our journey home.  We will camp at the rest area near Harris tonight.
The trip was uneventful except for the lousy roads (we MUST be back in Saskatchewan!!).  We arrived early and, had the rest of the evening to relax, watch hockey and the election results and have a fire!!
This is a nice little area but I did note that there were very few birds.  I saw a couple of crows but that was it.  I don't even hear any!!  What is with that!!
Before we called it a night, we watched the Conservative Party of Canada win a majority government which in itself is wonderful as we have not had a majority government for several years.  Now maybe the politicians can actually get something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment