Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tuesday, May 24/2011

Shell Lake

Beautiful sunny day



Look close for the Blue Huron
The sun is shining this morning and the birds are singing.  Maybe yesterday's lousy cool weather is gone for a while now and we can get back to the sunshine.  We left the big heater running (propane one) last night so there was no chill in the bus this morning.  I did not have to listen to Hogan's teeth chattering today!!
I had blown the breaker in Gary's house late last night (I plugged the toaster in while the heater was running, and that is just way to much demand for that socket), so we were on "desert" power until we went to bed.  This morning I phoned over and got him to turn it back on so now I can make some coffee without having to pull out the old perc I was using in Arizona.  Life is good.
John worked on the Sami again today.  Now we have door panels where once there was ugly red tape!!  I cleaned the dash and the cargo area so things are looking pretty spiffy.
I took the weed bar to the dandelions again - Gary mentioned that I appeared to have a hate on for dandelions!!  I did his dandelions again along with the ones in our next door neighbor's yard as well.   It will be interesting to see what the results of my labour is next year as to how many of the invasive little plants return.
Gary came over and asked if I wanted to go fishing again today.  He wanted to take the boat into Shell Lake and try for some jack fish.  With John busy on the Sami and nothing really planned for the rest of the day, I headed out to the lake.  By the end of the fishing trip, we had managed to catch eight fish but only kept three.  The other five were fairly skinny and were released so that they could grow bigger over the summer and we could catch them again in the fall!!  Eat lots, little fishes!!  Gary filleted the fish before we came home and had we been able to keep more of the fish we caught, I would have taken a crack at it as well.  I might just as well learn for the pros!!  Next time!!
Before I left, I gave John instructions on cooking the chicken in the roaster on the BBQ so that when I returned, we could eat supper.  He had the chicken done and it tasted great.  I put the fish in the freezer for a later date.
The hockey game went into overtime but the results were great for Canada.  Vancouver Canucks are now in the Stanley Cup Finals.  Yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment