Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sunday, May 22/2011

Another sunny day seems to be in store for us today.  I looked out the windows and still I see too many yellow dandelion flowers looking back at me.  I cheaped out on the weedkiller yesterday and I guess I should have known better.  It is a good thing I bought a weed bar (just in case I needed it) as I will now have to drag it over the remaining weeds.
I finished off in our yard and the town property in front of the yard, then took it over to Gary's yard and did his as well.  There is no point trying to control dandelions in my yard, if the neighbors don't care about controlling them in their yards.  Eventually, got that done then settled in the shade for a cup of coffee.  Well, I can practically hear the dandelions crying - they are starting to droop and look pretty darn sad!!  Die, you dirty dogs, die!!
John started changing the winches around on the trucks.  We need one that works properly so that we can go out onto the trails.  Now that he has installed the new starter in the Sami, we are almost ready to hit the trails.  We do however, need a winch - just in case.
The hockey game started early today, and that is a good thing because when John finally came out of the sun, he looked like he was going to have a stroke.  His face was scarlet and he was looking awful.  This was definitely NOT the time to take his blood pressure!!  After I gave him shit for being a fool. we watched the game, staying inside until the sun was chased away by clouds that looked like they were bringing rain - a mighty reprieve from the heat and oh so good for the garden - speaking of which, still required the planting of four more rows.
With rain clouds threatening, I headed out, eventually finishing the job while the rain was falling.  I was soaked by the time I was done but at least the garden is now fully planted and the rain is making it happy!!!  Another job well done and another day well spent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment