Sunday, May 8, 2011

Saturday, May 7/2011

It is cloudy and overcast this morning and a little heat is once again required to chase the chill out of the bus.  Oh how I miss the Arizona sunshine and, as I sit here putting on socks and my moccasins to keep my feet warm, I can't help thinking about Keith and Charlotte out looking for a place that is a lot cooler than what the desert is throwing at them now!!  Funny,  the difference a few thousand miles makes!!
Today I definitely have to do some grocery shopping.  Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I am inviting John's Mom for supper.  I have no clue what is on the menu but if I don't go to the store, it just may end up being Kraft dinner!!
I spoke with John's Mom today and being that she did not know that we were back in town, has made arrangements for Mother's Day dinner else where.  That is fine, I can always have her over sometime next week. Now I don't have to grocery shop!!  Woo Hoo!!
I decided to go to Costco and see if there were any chairs that would be suitable for us and there were probably 10 thousand people over there!!  The line ups to the cash registers were long and I decided that I was only "looking" today and If I saw something, I would return next week to buy.  That killed a good hour and I did see a few things I liked.  One being a propane oven with a two burner stove. It was compact and neat but the oven part was small.  Good enough for a small roaster but would certainly not be big enough for a large turkey although this really isn't an issue as the trash can turkey was awesome in December.  With the extended time that it took to cook the roast and the vegetables the other night, I think this little oven would be awesome.  I am sure it would not have taken 3 1/2 hours to cook in this fancy oven as that is what it took in the convection oven here in the bus.  Oh how I wish this bus had normal oven.
Once done at Costco, I headed over for coffee with Jan.  It was quiet there today as the kids were out with their parents. We sat on the deck having coffee and I filled a couple of water jugs then headed back to the bus.  I have decided to make chili tonight for supper so need a few things at the grocery store.
The chili was good - had a bit of a bite to it and that was awesome then, it was time to settle in and watch hockey and a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment