Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wednesday, May 11/2011

Well, I was not too surprised when I woke up this morning to dreary skies once again.  I guess sunshine for two days in a row is really asking too much.
Being that we had brought the little truck home last night, I decided that I should really get my rear in gear and do the rest of the running that needed to be done before we head up North to Leoville.
First stop was Jan's for coffee and to throw a load of laundry into her machine.  Ron was home so I got the have a chat with him as well.  They had been busy yesterday putting in a sump pump as the Spring ground water was starting to become a problem for them in their basement.  Now the situation is rectified and they no longer have to worry about the basement flooding.  That alone must be a huge stress relief.
I did all the running I needed to do then headed back to the bus.
It had rained at the farm yesterday so Jace ended up coming home for the night and part of today so he came over for a quick visit along with Cody and Tyler.  I think John and I have been entertaining someone almost every day since we have been back!!  I love seeing ALL my kids!!
While visiting, Jace got a delivery of "thinking of you, Kimberly" T-shirts and John and I ended up buying one for each of us.  The t-shirts were designed for Kim who is currently battling lymphoma and unable to work while going through all her chemotherapy.  These shirts are purchased for $20.00 with some of the proceeds going to cancer research but, the bulk of it goes to Jill and her family to help with expenses.  Another good cause and I am so proud of all our "kids" as they are buying the t-shirts up so quickly, they are on back order!!  Hell, Tyler got five of them yesterday - one for every day of work!!
Once to boys left, John and I continued to sit outside enjoying the last of the sunshine which decided to shine while the boys were here.  Then it was time to head inside for supper and TV.  Another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment