Friday, May 20, 2011

Wednesday, May 18/2011

I awoke this morning to the sounds of the garbage truck making its rounds throughout the town today.  Gee, and I thought Monday was garbage day - guess I was wrong!!.  I quickly got dressed (no more running around in my pink pyjama desert outfit!!) and got the garbage can out to the front street before they arrived.
While out there, I met Shirley from across the street.  She was on her way to work in Spiritwood but stopped to welcome us back to town.  She got a job at one of the local stores last fall and is enjoying it immensely.  She sounded happy and mentioned that Dave had surgery on his shoulder and although he is doing well, his shoulder will never be the same again.  I guess that is the price we pay for aging!!
We spent a quiet day, just relaxing and getting ourselves wrapped around "town" living again.  The grass needs to be cut and there is definitely something that has to be done with all the bloody dandelions on the property.  It is embarrassing to see all this yellow in amongst the green.
We wandered over to Dave and Shirley's tonight and chatted with them for a while.  They had bought a chiminea and it had not been used as yet so we had to rectify that little situation.  Shirley had decided that she wants a garden so I offered her mine (we can share!!) so that means it needs rototilling.  I have plenty of seeds so she won't have to purchase any.  Bedding plants and seed potatoes are all that is needed.
We eventually wandered back across the street and headed to bed.  Lots to do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment