Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tuesday, February 26/2013

I am up early and feel great this morning.  I have slept for 12 hours and now am good to go for today.  We have more crap that needs to be cleaned out of that shed and hopefully Ray has already taken the trailer to the dump so it should be empty and ready for re-load.
I lounged until 11:00 a.m. then got a text from Kay asking if I was ready to start on another load.  John is planning on finishing the trim in the spare room today but I had a few hours before he was ready to start that so I headed over to the shed.
Ray was busy reading water meters today in the park so Kay and I started without him.  A few hours later, the trailer was full and ready for the dump.  I think Ray will be taking it there tomorrow.  We managed to find two aluminium window that were in good shape in amongst all the junk and they can certainly be used for the man cave next year.  All in all, we have found very little in the shed that can be used for any sort of salvage.  It is mostly junk and I cannot quite understand why on earth anyone would save all this junk.  It is a good thing that neither Kay nor I are hoarders or cleaning this shed would be a real problem!!
With the trailer full and today's "cleaning" done, we wandered back to our yards.  John had already started on the trim so I simply helped him finish what was left. It went quickly and when we were done we got the bed frame into  the room and fit the box spring and mattress into it.  I then made up the bed and now that room is ready for guests.
It was then time to throw out some bird seed and some javelina snacks and watch our wildlife.  The four of us sat out until the sun set then Ray headed in to do up his paperwork and John, Kay and I headed into the trailer to get out of the wind and the chill of the evening.
It wasn't long before the cards came out and we sat around for a few hours trying to win each other's money.  I managed to end the evening winning  the huge sum of $2.25!!  I think I better start a bank account with all my winnings!!
It was soon time to call it an evening and get some supper on.  It was simple fair tonight with the menu being brats and macaroni with tomatoes.  It hit the spot and in no time I was once again in bed, watching TV.  Gee, I think I am getting used to that .  It is great and Hogan is more than happy to join me.  He loves being under the covers and is my very own little furnace!!      Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment