Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Saturday, February 23/2013

The sun is shining this morning and it looks like we are going to have a nice weather day today.
Hogan gets his neck bandage off today so I will get to see the incision.  Woo Hoo!!
John and I are supposed to be doing some work in the trailer today but since we were up rather late last night, I am not sure just how much is going to get done.
Kay text me and asked if I wanted to go to the Pottery Barn and pick up the metal peacock I have been eyeing up.  I said I would and we headed down the road.  Of course we had to stop at the huge flea market at Whitman because one never knows what interesting stuff might be found.  As it turned out, I was able to pick up a whole set of Kershaw knives for fifteen dollars which is a great deal.
We eventually made it to the Pottery Barn and I was able to purchase the peacock.  He is beautiful and we have named him Percy.  He is a wonderful addition to our yard and will look great standing on our deck once it gets built!!
We got home in time to feed the birds so they were happy about that.  We then returned the truck to its parking spot in Mitch's yard and since I was headed in that direction, I took a load of laundry up and threw it into the wash machine.  While up there we noticed a good bit of burnable wood just on the other side of the fence so decided that we would come back with the side by side and load it up for tonight's fire.  We gathered enough to keep the fire going for the night with plenty left over for another fire later on in the week.
I finally took a minute to get that bulky dressing off Hogan's neck and the incision is about four inches long.  It is a bit puffy at the site but it actually looks pretty good.  I think Hogan was more than happy to get it removed.  Now we have to make sure he does not scratch at it.
"Percy" the Peacock

Of course being Saturday, it was steak and baked potatoes with sautéed onions and mushrooms for supper. We sat around the fire until it was time to eat.  The steak was tender and juicy as always.  Kay joined us for supper (Ray had gone home earlier) - I think we are getting her into the Saturday night habit of steak and potatoes as well!!  It was bedtime shortly after that.  I think we were all ready to hit the sheets!!  It has been long day.   Good Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment