Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Friday, February 22/2013

John has decided to go and see another van today so it looks like there is another road trip planned.  Ray has taken off with some of the guys to watch a shooting competition at one of the local gun ranges and Kay is on her own so we have asked her to join us on our trip.
We headed out around 1pm and headed to our destination just outside of Phoenix.  There was banter all the way there between John and Kay as he decided to listen to Kay for directions instead of the GPS and was convinced that she has taken him a hundred miles out of his way!!  God, I was getting tired of listening to him!!  Surprisingly, we arrived at the destination and were able to check out the van.
Once again, what was advertised was not really what was offered.  No surprise there I suppose.  Apparently the guy selling it was some sort of a dealer so that kind of turned John off about it.  It had a generator advertised in the ad and it turned out that it required a complete overhaul in order to get it back into working condition.  John also saw a whole mess of wiring hanging down from under the dash - not a good sign.  It wasn't long before we were back in the truck headed for home.  Another van down the drain!!
We battled some excess traffic through the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and once again I proved not to be a good traveller when it comes to all these cars.  I was grabbing the door handle and applying my own brakes several times before we drove out of the chaos.
We stopped at the Carefree Home Depot and Kay and I went in to buy a wall mount light fixture for the spare bedroom.  If John gets that installed tomorrow then he has no excuse not to get busy with the last of the trim that needs to go up in there.  The bed frames need to be assembled as well as I will go get the beds on Monday.  Hopefully the final mattress has arrived.
We stopped at a local watering hole and had a cheeseburger and a beverage before heading back to the park.  One the way, we were treated with one of the prettiest sunsets yet.
When we got back to the park, John finished watching a curling game on TV and Kay and I sat in the trailer chatting and playing cards.  Eventually John joined us and I ended up the big loser again tonight.   Kay was the winner filling her coffers with my quarters!!  I just could not get any decent cards and the dice Gods were definitely against me.  Eventually, I couldn't take any more and called it quits.  It was time for bed anyway and that is exactly where Hogan and I headed.
It is chilly out tonight and I think there just may be frost on the ground again tomorrow.  The warm weather should be here next week and Ray is itching to get his garden planted.  I am sure it will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment