Thursday, February 7, 2013

Saturday, February 2/2013

The sun is shining and the birds are singing.  As I take my first look outside, I see three javalina out enjoying some of the remaining bird seed I threw out yesterday.  Man, they are like little vacuum cleaners when it comes to the birdseed.
It is Groundhog Day today and I hope that the little creature does not see his shadow.  Lore says that if he does, there are 6 more weeks of winter and if he doesn't, then Spring is right around the corner.  I hope Spring is indeed "right around the corner"!!
Today I plan on making the chicken wings for tomorrow's Superbowl party but first, I need to grab a cup of coffee (or two), check out Facebook and get the blog caught up.  I see that John uploaded some pics to the blog before he went to sleep last night so I will be able to post them.  Kimmy will be so pleased now that it is actually up to date!1
Kim and Jace landed in Las Vegas last evening and are there to see George Strait and Martina Mcbride in concert and spend a few short days.  The weather will be sooo much better for them as they left the deep freeze in Saskatchewan and are now enjoying the sunshine that Vegas has to offer.  Knowing Kim, she just may be sporting a sunburn when she get back home!  They met friends there and I am sure it will be a totally fun filled few days for them.
Kay and I hit the Habitat Re-store today looking for bed frames and some sort of a wall mount light fixture.  Unfortunately, we did not find either so left empty handed!!  We then stopped at Safeway to stock up on Superbowl refreshment and while driving back to the park, stopped and picked up our lottery tickets.  The power ball jackpot is in the neighbourhood of 180 million.  Now that is a nice chunk of change that would look pretty nice in my bank account.  What...... it could happen!!
When we got back to the park, we then decided that we should drive to Whitman and check out the big swap meet that they have every weekend.  I have been there before, and found some real interesting stuff.  Today, it was rather sparse and I saw a lot of junk.  Needless to say, we did not buy anything.
Once back to the park, it was time for me to get the Japanese Chicken wing prepared for the party tomorrow.  They are not difficult to do but it is "piddly" work.
John was outside hitting the ball to Hogan just as I was finishing the wings and it was time to feed the birds and get the javalina food ready.  Kay joined us to watch the show and while I was a bit late at getting the birdseed out there ( the birds don't like when I am late) the javalina arrived.  Kay saw the Mom with the brand new babies (maybe 3 weeks old) over at the neighbours so we put Hogan in the bus with the hopes that she would feel it was safe enough to bring the babies over.  She did and it was so awesome to see the little ones.  The original little baby (the one that was so tiny when we arrived in November) came with them and the difference in size was amazing.  He has grown so much compared to these brand new little babies.  Perhaps these two babies will be luckier than the other twins as only one remains.  Apparently, there is only a 50% survival rate when they are babies.  Coyotes and bobcats are pretty crafty predators and I can just imagine what a tasty little morsel these babies would be.
Eventually, John, Kay and I went into the trailer and played some cards.  Once again I was able to squirrel away some more of Kay's quarters although I think John was a  bigger winner than I.  Kay did manage to win a few pots as well.
It was soon time to think about what to eat and I decided to make a pizza.  Since tomato sauce gives Kay heartburn, I smeared it with "white" sauce and loaded it up.  Before too long we were chowing down and enjoying.  It sure hit the spot.  With that, I headed to bed as there are still a few things that need to be done tomorrow before everyone arrives for the Superbowl party.   Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment