Sunday, February 17, 2013

Monday, February 11/2013

It is cloudy and overcast this morning and right now, it does not appear to be starting out as a "good" weather day.  Hopefully that outlook will improve.
Mitch is leaving today for a trip back to Utah.  He is missing his kids and grandchildren so while visiting with them,  will get his taxes done up and attend a few classes that he is required to take for his job on the road construction crew.  He is hoping to be back here by the end of the month.  He has issues with his roof on his trailer so when he returns, he has that job to do.  I imagine that we will all help him get it done as that would be the neighbourly thing to do and Mitch himself is not that "handy" when it comes to home repairs!!  We all had better rest up over the next two weeks for the job ahead!!
It remained ugly looking outside and when Kay went into town she text us that it was snowing!!  She said the wash was covered in white and I said that she had better take a picture for the blog or Facebook.  As it turned out, she took one of the parking lot at the local grocery store and there really was a lot of snow.
Kay suggested we drive back into town and get some pics for the blog.  We stopped close to the walking bridge and I was able to get a few good ones.  It was raining pretty good so we had to hurry or the rain would simply melt all the snow.  The wash was running under the bridge but that was from the drain "hatch" that was connected to the street drainage system.  It empties into  the Hassayampa River bed.  Apparently the rain and snow came so fast and furious that the system was having trouble accommodating all the water and several intersections had huge puddles.
We then headed up to Alco to check on the beds that I had ordered 5 weeks ago and found out that two box springs were in but only one mattress.  The last mattress is expected either later on today or next Monday.  I had better get those bed frames soon or we will have nothing to put the box spring and mattresses on!!  Perhaps a trip into Surprise is in my near future.
It rained off and on for the rest of the day and was just miserable outside.  Cold and damp.
Kay text me later this evening saying that Ray would be "out of commission" tomorrow as he has to do his prep for his yearly colonoscopy so will be housebound.  Already she is restless and wondering what we will be doing and where we should go for a drive.  I suggested California but Kay said that there were too many people there so I guess that means "No".  I then suggested Walmart in Surprise so I think that will be tomorrow's destination.  At least it will get her out of the house and she will then be less restless.  Kay is not one to stay cooped up inside when there are so many other things to do.
Already, she has checked the weather for the weekend and I do believe that there is a quad ride scheduled.  Hopefully Ray is feeling up to the adventure!!  It usually takes one a few days to get back into gear after a colonoscopy.  If he is and if I decide to ride with him, I will be sure to wear my seat belt as I do not want a repeat performance of my Flying Zambini out of the quad!!
We spent the evening quietly watching TV,  John on the computer and me attempting to read the Kindle during commercials.   I eventually headed for a bubble bath.
Hogan was in a rather playful mood tonight and brought me his blue pillow so that we could play for a while.  He loves to play tug-a-war with it so we did that before he finally wanted to get under the covers and cuddle.  He is such a little sweetie but is definitely more a "people" dog than he is a "dog" dog.

Looking down at the snowon the Hassayampa River bed from
the walking bridge.  

Snow covering the sand and water running in the wash



This is where the water was running from.  The storm
drains empty into the river bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment