Sunday, February 10, 2013

Friday, February 8/2013

Hogan and I are up early as we have a busy day today.  He has an appointment with the vet at 10:45 to check out that big lump in his neck then, we will be heading back into town to take in the festivities of the 65th Annual Gold Rush Days.
Kay and I headed into town with Hogan and despite the fact that I told her that Hogan is not a fan of the vet, she was rather amused that he immediately started to tremble when we arrived.  When the vet was ready for him. he was so beside himself, he peed on the floor.  On my poor trembling little pup!!  Half an hour later, we were out of there but not nearly fast enough for Hogan.  The vet examined him, drew some blood and did a needle biopsy of the "lump".  We will know next week what the tissue results are.  Until then, we will keep our fingers crossed.
When Kay and I arrived back at the bus, we stopped at Mitch's and asked if he wanted to accompany us to the Gold Rush activities.  There is a classic car show today and Ray loves to look at all them.  He wanted to go so we said we would stop and pick him up on the way out.  John did not wish to go so, Ray, Kay, Mitch and I headed out.  We parked about six blocks away (at the Aztec Mobile Home/RV Park)and walked to the car show.  After checking out all the fancy cars, we then walked over to the many vending booths that had been set out for the various artists who try to sell their wares.  There was so many incredible artistic talents nestled in these booths that  it just boggles the mind.  From jewellery to leather work, to pottery and metal or wood art, from photography to painting....the choices are incredible.  The prices are fairly reasonable but I suggest to anyone - be prepared to spend hundreds of dollars if you want to purchase several items.  We walked around the site checking out most of the booths and soon found ourselves in the food court.  Not a good place to be for me when I am trying to drop a few pounds or 50!!!!   The smells were incredible and the offerings were vast.  From roasted corn to Indian Fry Bread (whatever that is!!  Bannock perhaps?), buffalo burgers to funnel cakes - Oh the aroma....I thought I was going to jump Mitch and rip his buffalo burger out of his hand!!  Even Ray's green chili tortilla smelled good and I found myself eyeing that up too!!
We continued to wander the site and eventually headed back to the truck.  We had been out and about for about four hours.
When we got back to the park, it was time to feed the birds and hopefully get to see the javelina today.  The birds were generally mad about not getting fed earlier so there weren't many there to eat.  Too Bad, cause if the javalina show up, they will be more than happy to chow down.
John, Ray and Kay said they saw a Mom javelina with three little babies over at Howard's.  By the time I got the camera and Hogan inside the bus, she had disappeared taking her babies with her.  Triplets....
Wow.  Now that is wonderful.  I hope she will feel safe enough to bring them closer next time.
It was soon too chilly to sit outside and we then retired into the trailer.  It was time for supper and I mixed up some hamburger for John to throw on the grill.  Ray had already eaten so it was just John, Kay and I that ate the burgers.  Ray decided to stay at home to relax and so once the three of us had eaten, out came the cards and we started to play.
Long story short....I was the awesome winner again tonight!!  Woo Hoo.  I am rolling in the quarters tonight.  I really should feel bad but....NOT!!  Who knows, maybe I will be the loser the next time.
It was soon time for me to head to the bath tub then to bed.  Shortly after that, it was lights out for everyone.  It has started to rain and is a lot chillier outside.  I sure hope it doesn't freeze tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment