Friday, February 22, 2013

Thursday, February 21/2013

I headed into town first thing this morning to check on Hogan and found him more than happy to be getting out of the clinic and heading home.  He has a rather large dressing around his neck and looks a bit strange.  I am not sure he is impressed with it.  The vet said he did fine overnight and that since I was a nurse, could remove the bulky dressing from his neck on Saturday.  If the incision looks good, I do not have to bring him back until the sutures need removing in 10 days time.
When I got him home he was greeted by John and I swear, the carrying on that I witnessed....well, you would think that he had been gone for weeks.  Hogan's bum didn't stop wiggling for quite a while!!  I think he is glad to be home.  Even "Auntie" Kay came out to greet him back home!!  God, is he a spoiled dog or what!!
It is cloudy and windy today but the sun is trying to shine through.  Every now and then it does and if it  could manage to stay out, well that would be great.  Of course, that didn't happen but I was determined to get outside and enjoy part of the day.
Ray had left earlier for a doctor's appointment so Kay was on her own for the day.  
I decide to stain the boards that I had brought home the other day so that they would be ready for when ever John decided to finish off the spare bedroom.  Kay and I chatted about everything and nothing while I was out staining.  Hogan stayed with us just loving being home.  He checked out the empty acres beyond the fence just to make sure all was well since he had been away for one whole day then, stuck pretty close to Kay and I for the rest of the afternoon.
The boards were all stained and my job was done just as the evening chill was gathering so both Kay and I headed back inside.  I needed to start thinking about supper and Kay was waiting for Ray to return from his trip.  
I decide to bake some rainbow trout so looked up a recipe on the internet and got things rolling.  It was a simple recipe but wow, did that trout ever turn out great.  It was delicious and took only a short time to prepare.  
We spent the evening watch more curling on TV and then Hogan and I headed back to the bed to have our long over due cuddle.  Now things are back to the way they are supposed to be!!  Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment