Friday, February 22, 2013

Tuesday, February 19/2013

The sun is shining this morning but there is a bit of wind.  We are supposed to be getting into another round of cold weather by tomorrow so we still have time to enjoy today's sunshine.
I have to head into town today to get a bit more wood for the trailer and hopefully the lumber yard has a piece of glass that can be fitted into the frame of the window in the kitchen.
Well, I got the wood but struck out with the glass.  The lumber yard will cut the glass but they do not have to tools to put it into the frame.  Now that sucks but at least they gave me a name of someone they think can do it so I will give them a call tomorrow.
When I got back from town I was able to watch more curling and then both John and I headed outside to sit and enjoy the rest of the day.
Ray and Kay purchased a cord of Eucalyptus wood for their new chiminea and it was delivered today.  Between the four of us we had it unloaded and stacked in about an hour.  The colour of the wood was incredible and it will be interesting to see how well it burns.  The fellows that sold it to them say is burns well and leaves very little ash so that is a very good thing.
Kay and I hauled a load up to Mitch's place since we have been stealing his wood over the last few weeks and when we get our load, we will haul some more up there.  It is nice to have a fire up at Mitch's when we go play horseshoes.
John followed us up to Mitch's so that he could see his new ceramic tile on his kitchen floor.  He thought it looked good and agreed that Mitch would be happy with the results.
Once we got back to the yard, it was time to clean out our fire pit and get a fire going.  Despite the fact that the cooler weather was coming in tonight, it was rather pleasant out and Ray, Kay, John and I sat out for a few hours enjoying the evening.
Ray eventually headed home to grab something to eat and John, Kay and I moved inside where the cards and the dice came out.  I was once again the winner starting with only .75 cents and pocketing $5.00 by the end of the evening.  Woo Hoo.   Take that you suckers!!
John was in the mood for grilled cheese sandwiches so made Kay and I supper.   He grilled them on the barbeque and they actually tasted pretty good.
It was soon time for me to head to the bathtub and then to bed.  Hogan is scheduled for his surgery tomorrow and has to be at the clinic by 10:00 a.m. so I must get my beauty rest.  Hogan will need his rest as well.  I did remember to lift his food bowl off the floor so that he is not eating before his surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment