Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wednesday, February 6/2013

The sun is shining this morning and as I look outside I see several javelina scrounging around for their food.  I heard Ray up and about and he has already thrown the birds their morning seeds and the javalina their snacks.  I noted that the Mom was out there as well but she only had one little baby with her so I am thinking that the other met with un untimely demise.  There is only a 50% survival rate for the babies and that is twice this year that we have seen two babies with a Mom and then a few days later, only one.  It is a harsh reality of nature and proves that survival of the fittest, rules the wild kingdom.
Kay and I took a trip into town today to pick up our lottery tickets.  The powerball is 200 million and yes, I am still hoping to win!!
I had to pick up a couple of sympathy cards as there has been a death back home so those cards are now in the mail.  Postage to Canada has gone up to $1.10 a letter!!
With a quick stop at Safeway, we were soon on our way back to the park.
We stopped at Mitch's to see if he needed help with his roof and as soon as we saw the ladder he was using, we said he had to go get a decent one.   One that would be far less risky in using.  He came down and borrowed Ray's then headed back to his roof.  When he returned, he mentioned that there were more issues than what he had originally thought and he now needed some 2x4s and some plywood to fix it properly.  Now isn't that just the way it goes?  Always something!!
I sat out in the sunshine again today and read my book.  Man, that heat is so nice.  It is finally starting to warm up back home and I chatted with my sister on the phone for a while and she said the warmer weather was very welcome.  Now, if it would stop snowing, that would be even better!!
I text Kim to see if her and Jace had arrived back home safe and sound and of course they had.  Apparently they had a great time with their friends in Vegas and Jace won a ton of money which, she says, they spent!!  She said he won it and she lost it!!  Sounds like a perfect combination to me!!
We spent the evening just relaxing and it was great.  No place to go and nothing in particular to do.  I watched TV and continued to read my book.  What more could a person want?    LIfe is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment