Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sunday, February 10/2013

The sun is shining this morning and that is good considering it was supposed to have gone below freezing last night and it is still chilly outside.  Hopefully as the morning wanes, the temperature will rise and it will be a wonderful weather day!!
Ray was busy today creating a little "garden" space for himself.  Now that he is spending the summers here, he is missing his gardening so decided to make an area where he could plant a few tomatoes and some peppers.  He also mentioned putting in a zucchini plant.  He is so excited about this project so I hope he has great success with it.  I think I might even have a few zucchini seeds from last year so I will offer them to him to see if he wants to start his own plant.
Kay and I returned to the Gold Rush festivities today.  It is the last day today and I wanted to pick up a new purse.  I saw them on Friday and decided that I wanted one.  They are a good size and depending on how you wish to carry it, it can be a purse or it can be slung over your arm like a back pack.  It is made out of leather and is lined and looks great.  I got the name of the woman who makes them ...just in case I need to order a few more next year as some of the girls back home might really like it and want one - Ya Kimmy, I am talking about you!!
We stopped at the hardware store and picked up some paint stripper so now,  I have the tools to hopefully strip off all that ugly enamel paint from the legs of that little table we want to use for the bigger home made coffee table John is building.  Hopefully the weather is better and I can start on that little project.
It remained windy and chilly all day today so everyone spent the day inside.  It was Grammy night on TV so that took up a good chunk of the evening.
John did some ribs on the BBQ and they were awesome.
Hopefully tomorrow's weather will allow for us to get outside.  In the mean time, it is time for me to head to the bath tub then Hogan and I can cuddle in bed and watch more TV before finally shutting off the lights.



No comments:

Post a Comment