Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sunday, February 24/2013

I was up early this morning and once again it is a bit chilly outside.  I got the coffee going then sat down to "creep" Facebook and get the blog caught up.
Since we probably will not be doing anything as far as trim in the trailer today, I decided to start putting the bed frames together.  Kay came over to the trailer and between the two of us, got both frames assembled and ready for the box springs and mattresses.  Hopefully the last mattress will have arrived at the store and I will be able to bring all four pieces home.  Either way, we will have at least one complete bed on Monday.
Kay and I then decide to hang the blind on the kitchen window above the sink.  John arrived in time to screw the blind onto the wall and then Kay showed me how to shorted it.  It was piddly work but now the blind is the correct length.  It looks pretty good there too.
Next, Kay and I walked over to the storage shed in the park as Ray mentioned something about getting it cleaned out in the next few days so we wandered over to survey the situation.  I think masks, gloves and heavy soled shoes are definitely in order for this job!!
We stopped in at trailer 15 and took a look at the damage to the ceiling from all the rains over the last few weeks and I must say, it was quite a mess and will require some extensive renovations to get it back into livable condition.  I noticed a little microwave sitting on the counter that we had overlooked when we were cleaning out the place so decide to to take it back to our trailer to see if it still worked.  I cleaned it up and presto - in working order!!  Now we have a microwave in the kitchen so, when we play cards, I can heat up the wheat bag and Kay can use it to apply heat to her aching collarbones.
We were finally able to call it a day and sat around our table in the trailer chatting and sharing a few beverages.  One thing lead to another and before too long, out came the cards and we played several games.  Although I was not really a big winner tonight, I was able to gather in a few pots to add to my stash of quarters.
Once again, it was soon time to head into the bus for something to eat and start getting ready for bed.  I am tired and I fear I had one too many twisted tea so I had better get to bed before I get too silly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment