Sunday, February 17, 2013

Thursday, February 14/2013

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.  I hope everyone has a great day.
The sun is shining this morning and it looks like it is going to be a warm sunny day.  It is indeed a great day for being outside and enjoying the weather.  It is snowing again back home so I am glad I am here.
Today, I want to start stripping that hideous green enamel paint off the four legs that are to be used on John's coffee table project.  Hopefully it goes well.
Now that I have checked out Facebook and have updated the blog, I have no excuse but to get out there and get started.  Wish me luck!!
Well, I spent all afternoon outside trying to get that hateful green paint off those legs.  What a shit job!! I used the paint stripper and am sure glad the fellow that sold it to me told me to make sure I wore rubber gloves.  He stressed how caustic it was if it got on your skin and he was right.  I managed to get a few drops on my arms and WOW - it started to burn immediately.  It is just nasty stuff.
Ray and Kay headed over to Mitch's earlier to rip his kitchen floor up and get it ready for the new tile that is going to be installed this weekend.  When they returned home, I was still working on those damn legs and Ray thought that his dremel tool might work for all the intricate areas so brought it over for me.  It actually worked wonderfully well and I was able to get a pretty decent paint removal.  There is some beautiful wood under all that hideous green.  I got two legs done and have two more to go.
It was time to feed the birds and wait for the javelina to come.  I threw some seed out to the birds and then jumped into the shower to get all the green dust off me.  It was everywhere!!
When I got out of the shower, I poured myself a drink, text Kay and said I was sitting watching the birds and that I would meet her at the fence!!  Before too long, Ray and Kay, and John and I were all sitting at the fence, beverages in hand doing our "nature watch".
Before too long, the javelina came by and with them was "Scarface".  We have not seen him for well over a week but there he was - big as life.  His face seems to have healed fairly well and I found it hard to distinguish him from the rest.  Of course the others (who have much better eyesight than mine) said it was indeed him.  I was glad he had returned to us.
With him came more brand new babies.  They were so little and glued to their Mom.  I was surprised  that Mom did not step on them because they were constantly under foot.  They were quite cute and I got a few good pics of them.   They cleaned up their snacks then moved on.
While we were sitting there I noticed movement further back and I initially thought it was a coyote and then changed my mind and said maybe it was the bobcat that we occasionally get to see.  John saw it too and said it was the bobcat.  Neither Ray nor Kay saw it but John was adamant that it was our bobcat.  It sure walked like a cat!!  He is rather aloof though and does not stay in the open for long.  It was awesome to see him again and it finished off our night of nature watching in a great way.
Of course with the waning sun, came the chill of the evening.  It was time to head inside and wait for supper to cook.  Tonight, John is cooking salmon.
We spent a quiet evening again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment