Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Monday, February 25/2013

I am up early this morning and the sun is shining like crazy.  Perhaps we are finally out of the chilly weather and back into the warm Arizona sun.
With my morning coffee in hand, I checked out the "goings on" on Facebook (as I do every morning). It wasn't long before I got a text from Kay saying that her and Ray were headed over to the shed to start the clean up.   The shed (and it is a huge one) is full of garbage and all sorts of crap.  Ray is hoping to use it for ATV storage over the summer as he has a few people who have already inquired as to the possibility of leaving their ATVs here in Arizona.  This space would allow for secure storage and I think would work out well.
It wasn't long before we had a trailer full of old furniture and other junk that needed to be taken to the dump.   Since I had never been to the dump before I tagged along and was quite impressed as to how it is removed from the trailer.  It is all done by machine so once we loaded the trailer, we did not have to unload it.    Awesome.
Since we had the empty trailer on the truck, I had Ray stop at Alco so that we could load the box springs and mattresses on it.  This way, I did not have to worry about getting them home in the box of the truck.  This would work out well.
Of course,  when I went to see if all four pieces had arrived I was told by the store manager that the final mattress was yet to arrive but.... he had another box spring and mattress available and despite the fact that it was a more expensive set, he would give it to me for the same price.  Well, that worked just fine for me and soon we were headed back to the park with two complete beds.
Once we got back to the park, the four of us unloaded them into the trailer then Ray took the trailer back over to the shed for the next load.
Ray and Kay then headed over to one of the properties that is owned by the fellow who gets them to all his handy work as there were things that needed to be done.  On their way over there, Kay text me that the fellow that fixes windows was at his shop so I quickly headed over there with my broken window.  He had it fixed in no time and now it too can go back into its place and the final trim around it can be done.  Things are finally coming together!!
When I got back to the park, Ray and Kay had returned and were once again loading the trailer with more corruption.  Man, there is a lot of crap in this shed.  Hopefully we do not find any rattlesnakes sleeping away the winter!!   They will be cold and sluggish so if we are careful, there should not be a problem.    Hopefully!!
With the second trailer load ready for the dump, we called it a day.  Oh dear, I think my back is aching and I am sure Kay and Ray are a bit sore themselves.  It is time to sit, have a beverage and watch the birds and the javelina.
With the setting of the sun, it was time for us to head inside eat supper and relax for the rest of the evening.   John had a hankering for french fries tonight so I started heating the oil.  While it was heating, I had time to take a bubble bath and that was just a little chunk of heaven after a busy day.
With supper over and done with, I decide to crawl into bed to watch some TV and fell asleep within minutes.  Man, I was so very tired.  I slept like the dead.  Hell, I didn't even hear John come to bed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment