Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sunday, February 3/2013

It is cloudy and overcast today and does not look too promising in the sunshine category today.  It is however, warm and, there is very little wind and it is not raining so we can be happy for that.  I won't strike off the possibility of rain though.
It is Superbowl Sunday today and time to party.  Ray and Kay plan a Superbowl party every year and today is the day.  Friends and relatives have been invited and the finger foods are almost ready.  It should be good.
Kay and I headed to the store where we purchased three bags of ice for the beer cooler and I bought a mini muffin tin for my brownie treats I will be baking for the game.
Once back at the park, I got busy making the treats.  I had to use Ray's oven as John and I have yet to purchase one and I don't think we will until next year.  We only have a couple of months left down here before we head home so I am totally OK with leaving the appliances until next year.  With the treats in the oven, I got busy cutting up the vegetables and making the dip.  No Superbowl party is complete unless there are veggies and dip.  With that done, it was then time to just relax until guests arrived and the game started.
Ray and Kay got busy rearranging stuff in their garage so that the tables for the food could be set up and the various chairs set around the TV.
The guests started arriving, each with their hands full of different "pot luck" goodies and the food table was soon overflowing.  We will definitely not be going hungry today.
With the game starting, the lines were drawn as to who was cheering for which team and friendly banter soon filled the garage.
It turned out to be an awesome game and with the Baltimore Ravens being the victor, it was a good end to the already awesome day.  Fun was had by all and with the end of the game, the guests quickly gathered up their food dishes and headed for home.  It wasn't too long before the garage was neat and tidy and all the left over food was shared and put away.
We sat around the chiminea after that for a while then Hogan (who was not allowed at the game but was let out of the bus after most of the guests had left) and I were ready to call it a day.  Turbo (Kay's cat) was on a mission to ambush Hogan and almost succeeded and at one point I thought Hogan was going to climb up on Ray's lap to get to Turbo.  NO good would come of this so Hogan and I headed home leaving  Ray, Kay, Mitch and John to tend the fire.
Hogan and I cuddled in the bed and it was a few hours later that I heard John come into the bus.  He grabbed some wings to munch on then he too headed to bed.  All in all, it was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment