Friday, February 22, 2013

Wednesday, February 20/2013

Well, it was one of those nights when God did not think that I needed to sleep so I am a bit tired this morning.  Perhaps I will be able to rest later this afternoon.
It is raining and dreary out and rather fitting considering what Hogan is facing today.  He is not even too enthused about going outside to pee this morning!!
I dropped Hogan off at 10:00 then headed to the grocery store then home to wait for the call from the vet.  Hopefully the bloody phone service will be at a premium today and there will be no issues.  It is a good thing that the clinic knows I have lousy service so if I haven't heard anything by 3:00 p.m. I will call them.
I got the call from the vet around 1:00 o'clock and he said that all went well.  The tumour was bigger than what he expected (bigger than a golf ball) but there was no visible spread of cancer into the surrounding tissues.  He will know more about the type of cancer it is when the pathology report is back.  That way he will be able to give a bit of a prognosis as to the course of the disease.  He wants to keep Hogan overnight for observation so I will go in tomorrow morning and see how he is doing and hopefully will be able to bring him home.
It rained off and on all day with the threat of snow.  We did not get any snow here in the park but apparently there was a bit falling in town this afternoon.
Vulture Peak, which lies just outside of town was covered in snow and there are several good pictures of it on Facebook.  I climbed that sucker twice and at an elevation of 4000 feet, I am not surprised to see snow covering it.  It really did look pretty though.
Being a lousy weather day, we spent it doing nothing in particular.  We watched curling on TV and just whiled away the day.
I got a call from the staffing department of the health region I work for and have been booked for several shifts at the nursing home this summer.  I am sure there will be plenty more available and with any luck I will be working full time over the summer.  Now that would be nice!!  Cha Ching!!
It sure wasn't the same with out Hogan hanging with us and several times I thought I heard him "at the door" and once even got up to let him it only to realize he wasn't there.
I sure missed his cuddling in bed tonight too.    Maybe tomorrow he will be back here where he belongs and we can have a "gentle" cuddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment