Sunday, February 10, 2013

Saturday, February 9/2013

It is chilly and damp out this morning.  It rained off and on throughout most of the night and it is now overcast and rather dreary out.  It is definitely not a good weather day for the Gold Rush parade, which is due to start at 10:00 this morning.
Kay's dad, who she calls "Pops" is coming from Phoenix with a friend to see the parade and will be stopping by this morning.
I got a text from Kay this morning asking if I wanted to go down to see the parade and chose not to accompany her and Ray.  Despite the fact that it is the fourth largest parade in Arizona, I had no desire to battle the massive crowds that this parade attracts.
I cleaned the bus, did the dishes and baked a banana loaf.  It was a productive day for me.  I even got a chance to talk with Jace for a bit before he headed out on his snowmobile.  Kimmy was working but was able to take a few minutes to text back and forth so I was able to catch up on their lives today as well.
Kay came over after they arrived back from the festivities in town.  They had stopped at the Legion for refreshments and while there, both Ray and Mitch ended up in their mock "jail" designed so that the cash earned (you must pay, to have someone arrested and put in jail and then you must be bailed out of jail) is used for charitable works with in the Legion.  Apparently, fun was had by all!!
Kay was hoping for a chance to get some of her quarters back tonight so we retired into the trailer.  We called Mitch and he joined us.  Tonight proved to be my night to be the loser.  I managed to win only one pot.  John was the winner tonight and, Kay is once again missing a few quarters!!  Her little blue cup in getting pretty darn empty.
With my broke tail stuck between my legs, I headed to the bath tub and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment